Go Fast Bits Subaru 97-98 WRX/STi 35mm Inlet, 30mm Outlet Hybrid Dual Outlet Blow-Off Valve
In a time before Justin Bieber, Y2K, and even Google, the year is 1998 and GFB’s founding engineer John Adrian is so sick of his new WRX stalling with an atmosphere-venting BOV he decided he didn’t want to live in a world any longer without a dual port BOV…
…so he invented it!
Known as the “Hybrid”, this world-first became the flagship model of the newly formed company Go Fast Bits. The two venting ports of this revolutionary valve were staged on the body such that the recirc port opened before the atmo port, helping to prevent backfiring and stalling on cars with a MAF sensor, whilst still giving the signature blow off sound when the car is driven harder.
This innovation was so successful that the technology has since been adopted by almost every other BOV brand on the market. The Hybrid then went on to evolve into GFB’s next world-first, the venting bias adjustable BOV now known as the Respons TMS, and then to the electronically adjustable version, the Deceptor Pro.
With the spotlight focused on these current products, the Hybrid has been absent from the market for some time, but in celebration of the 20 years since the invention of one of the most influential BOVs the turbo world has seen, GFB is bringing the Hybrid back!
And as a fitting birthday present, the importance of the dual-port venting system and the new Hybrid valve was recognized from a field of 3000 entries by a panel of international judges and presented with a Global Media Award at the 2017 SEMA show.
With the same staged venting outlets as the original, but now with the ability to configure for full recirc, full atmosphere, or 50/50 venting, and a huge range of direct bolt-on kits for popular vehicles, the new Hybrid offers all the benefits of dual port venting, at an affordable price. Grab a piece of history for your car now!
- MITSUBISHI Starion JA-JD 4G63 82-88 No Stock Valve - Custom Fit Required
- TOYOTA Celica GT-Four ST185 3S-GTE 89-93 No Stock Valve - Custom Fit Required
- TOYOTA Celica GT-Four ST205 3S-GTE 94-99 Factory Valve Not Directly Replaceable - Custom Fit Required
- NISSAN 300ZX Z32 VG30DETT 89-97 2 Valves Required
- SUBARU STi MY94-96
- SUBARU WRX MY97-98
- NISSAN GTi-R N14 SR20DET 1990-1995 Softer Spring (Part # 6116) Must Be Used Or The Valve Will Not Open Properly. Alternatively, The BOV Vacuum Hose Can Be Teed Into All Four Of The Individual Throttle Bodies Instead Of Just One.
- NISSAN 180SX S13 1.8 CA18DET 89-92 No Stock Valve - Custom Fit Required
- NISSAN 180SX S13 2.0 SR20DET
- HOLDEN Commodore VL RB30ET 86-88 No Stock Valve - Custom Fit Required
- MAZDA 626 GT GC FET 86-87 Factory Valve Not Directly Replaceable - Custom Fit Required
- MAZDA 626 GD F2 Turbo 87-91 Factory Valve Not Directly Replaceable - Custom Fit Required
- FORD AUSTRALIA TX5 AT F2 Turbo 87-89 Factory Valve Not Directly Replaceable - Custom Fit Required
- MITSUBISHI Cordia AA-AC 4G62 83-89 No Stock Valve - Custom Fit Required
- MAZDA MX6 GD F2 Turbo 87-91 Factory Valve Not Directly Replaceable - Custom Fit Required
- NISSAN Silvia S13 2.0 SR20DET 88-94