Go Fast Bits Mercedes/Volvo Direct Factory Replacement Mercedes Engine DV Performance Blow-Off Valve
The VTA is a performance blow-off valve solution for Audi, VW, Skoda and SEAT vehicles with an electronic factory diverter valve.
If you want sound with your performance (or performance with your sound!), GFB’s VTA delivers just that! By combining the proven performance benefits of our ground-breaking DV+ with atmosphere venting, the VTA delivers an aggressive blow-off sound, improved throttle response and boost recovery, as well as superior boost holding and reliability in extreme conditions.
The VTA shares the successful DV+ design philosophy:
“Keep what works, replace what doesn’t”
This means we retain ECU control and the solenoid from the factory diverter to ensure the fastest possible response time, without the added and unnecessary cost of replacing the solenoid like some brands do.
The weak part of the factory diverter has always been the plastic valve mechanism – this is the part we replace. The VTA features CNC machined billet components that last a lifetime, and we also change the valve operation method for better performance. The factory diverter valve can only operate in two states – open, or closed. When it opens fully at low boost, or during a partial throttle lift mid-corner, it causes increased lag and a noticeably non-linear boost transition.
GFB pioneered the use of “pilot operation” in the DV+, which works by re-purposing the factory solenoid to control the pressure behind the piston rather than the piston itself. This allows the solenoid stroke to be much shorter, speeding up the response time and increasing the actuation force. More importantly, it allows the piston to open and close progressively in response to the amount of boost pressure present, which smooths boost transitions and reduces the lag caused by the factory diverter valve.
It is this design philosophy that makes the VTA not only the best performing blow off valve solution, but also the best value on the market.
- TMS Technology for faster boost recovery on gearshift and during throttle modulation
- Improved boost holding ability
- Atmosphere venting for blow-off sound
- Retains ECU control
- Simple, direct bolt-on kits include everything you need to install
- Manufactured in Australia in accordance with ISO 9001
VTA or DV+?
Depends if you want sound or not. Both valves are constructed with the same quality materials and valve mechanism, and both offer the same performance and reliability benefits. However, the VTA vents to atmosphere for sound whilst the DV+ recirculates the air to keep it quiet.
Why choose a VTA over a “BOV spacer”?
“BOV spacers” are cheap and they make sound. But that’s it. All the inherent performance and reliability issues you get with the factory diverter valve remain, because a spacer doesn’t change the diverter valve in any way. The VTA improves the operation of the diverter valve for sound AND performance.
Why choose a VTA over a kit that includes a solenoid?
Because there’s no performance benefit to replacing the factory solenoid, only a much higher price! If a VTA with the factory solenoid can open in a couple of hundredths of a second, why pay more than you need to?
- MERCEDES-BENZ B-Class W246 B180/B200/B220/B250 (2011-2019)
- MERCEDES-BENZ A-Class W176 A180/A200/A250 Turbo (2012-2018)
- MERCEDES-BENZ CLA-Class C117 CLA180/CLA200/CLA220/CLA250 (2013-2019)
- MERCEDES-BENZ E-Class W212 E200/E250 (2009-2016)
- MERCEDES-BENZ GLA-Class X156 GLA180/GLA200/GLA220/GLA250 (2014-2019)
- MERCEDES-BENZ C-Class C180/C200/C250/C300 Turbo (Not Kompressor) 2011-2018
- INFINITI Q50 1.6/2.0T 2014-On
- FORD AUSTRALIA Fiesta ST 1.6 Ecoboost 2013-2017 (US Spec Only) US Models Only
- MERCEDES-BENZ GLC 200/250/300
- PEUGEOT 308 GTi (THP250-270) 2014-On
- FORD AUSTRALIA Focus 1.5/1.6 EcoBoost (Mk3 2015-18) US Models Only
- INFINITI Q30 1.6/2.0T 2015-On
- INFINITI Q60 2.0T 2016-On
- INFINITI QX30 2.0T 2016-On
- FORD AUSTRALIA Focus 1.5 EcoBoost (Mk4 2019-On)
- FORD AUSTRALIA Focus ST 2.3L EcoBoost (Mk4 2019-On)
- FORD AUSTRALIA Fiesta ST 1.5 EcoBoost 2019-On
- FORD Fiesta ST 1.6 Ecoboost 2013-2017 (US Spec Only)
- FORD Fiesta ST 1.5 EcoBoost 2019-On